Implementing CCSSM: Saturday for Louisiana Educators
April 12, 2014 • New Orleans
Working in collaboration with the Louisiana Association of Teachers of Mathematics, NCTM is offering special Common Core professional development opportunities to meet the needs of Louisiana pre-K through grade 8 teachers at the nation’s premier math education event.
Afternoon sessions and workshops will target a variety of topics:
- Hands-on activities that model teaching and learning to bring the Common Core to life
- Engaging students in the key content from the Common Core
- Developing effective tasks for use in the classroom
- Integrating and implementing the mathematical practices
- Strategies for assessment, both formative and summative, and more.
For more information visit www.nctm.org/neworleansCCSSM
Download and share
Volume of LATM JOURNAL!
Check out Volume 9 of the
Journal. Read the journal and find out how your article
can appear in the next volume! Guidelines for submitting articles
can be found at the following link:
Guidelines.The LATM Journal is a refereed online publication
of the Louisiana Association of Teachers of Mathematics. The purpose
of the journal is to provide an appropriate vehicle for the communication
of mathematics teaching and learning in Louisiana and across the
world. Through the LATM Journal, all teachers of mathematics may
share their mathematics knowledge, creativity, caring, and leadership.